Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
Why I Love This Recipe
Yummy Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender.
2. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
3. Stir in rice, seasonings and broth; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Mix flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup.
6. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes; stir in chicken; heat through.