Creamy Chili Lime Hummus with Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
Why I Love This Recipe
I love hummus and am always looking for new twists to an old favorite! Crunchy, salty, creamy, addicting. . .this recipe has all of the elements of a great snack!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
1 15oz can cannelloni/white beans, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp (or more if you like spice!) chili powder
1tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt, optional
For the Chips
soft tortillas, any kind, any size
olive oil or cooking spray
your choice of: garlic salt, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano, or any other spice you like!
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut tortillas into desired sizes. Lightly brush olive oil or spray cooking spray over both sides of the tortilla pieces. Sprinkle with your choices of spices.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes, turning halfway through, or until chips turn slightly brown. Time will depend on how large you cut the pieces.
4. While chips are baking, start on the hummus.
5. Place garlic gloves in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Add beans, lime juice, tahini, chili powder, olive oil, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
6. Serve with freshly baked tortilla chips. Enjoy!