Creole Crab Cakes
Why I Love This Recipe
I am not a seafood lover of any kind,but I have tried these crab cakes and they are delicious. Crab cakes are probably the only seafood blend I will eat if made right.
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
* 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1-1/2 cups soft French bread crumbs
* 8 ounces fresh cooked crab meat or canned crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (about 1 1/2 cups
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped red sweet pepper
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* Purchased tartar sauce
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped green sweet pepper
1. Cook celery and onion in the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet until tender; cool slightly.
2. Combine egg, mayonnaise or salad dressing, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground red pepper in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, bread crumbs, crab meat, and the red and green sweet pepper. Mix well. Shape into 12 cakes.
3. Cook the crab cakes in the 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce. Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 main course servings.