Crepe Rosettes With Apples And Mascarpone
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 large crepes
100 g mascarpone
2-3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tblspoon butter
1 tblspoon honey
2 egg whites + 2 tblspoons sugar
1. Prepare two really large crepes (mine were 12").
2. Grate the apple and saute with butter and sugar.
3. Add a little cinnamon, and leave to cool.
4. Whisk the mascarpone cheese with honey (add more than just a tablespoon if you prefer it sweeter, or use powdered sugar if you don't like honey).
5. Spread half of the cheese on one crepe and spread the sauteed apple over it.
6. Place the second crepe over the first one and spread the rest of mascarpone.
7. Roll the two crepes together and then cut into 2,5 cm slices (1").
8. Place the slices with the cut side up (and down) in a slightly oiled baking dish.
9. Bake in an oven preheated to 150°C (300F) for about 10 minutes.
10. In the meantime beat the eggwhites with powdered sugar until stiff. Fill a pastry bag and decorate the tops of the rosettes, put back in the oven until the top is golden.