Crispy Fried Zucchini Chips
Why I Love This Recipe
I always order these on any menu when I eat out so it was a delight to make them at home!
Ingredients You'll Need
o 2 Zucchinis sliced into about ¼ inch thick slices
o Approx. ½ C AP Flour
o ½ C 2% Milk
o ½ C Italian style Bread Crumbs ++
o ½ C Panko Bread Crumbs++
o ¼ C chopped Fresh Parsley
o 1 Tbsp. Dried Basil
o Sea Salt / Black Pepper
o Vegetable Oil (for frying)
1. Fill a medium sized frying pan ¾ of the way full with vegetable oil and set the heat to just above medium.
2. Put the flour on a small plate and pour the milk into a small bowl as well. In another small mixing bowl combine the panko and Italian crumbs, fresh parsley, dried basil, and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper and stir together.
3. First dip the zucchini slices in the flour coating them entirely, follow by dipping in the milk and rolling in the herby crumb mixture. Press the coating a little on to the zucchini if it is hesitating to stick.
4. Use one slice to test the oil. If it starts to bubble immediately upon dipping it in the oil is likely ready. Fry the slices in 2 batches about 4 -5 minutes approximately. (Look for golden brown!)
5. Transfer the cooked zucchini to a paper towel lined plate and generously sprinkle them with sea salt**
**Zucchini’s are fairly flavourless and extremely juicy. The salt is crucial. They really need to be salted generously to bring out their delicious flavour.
6. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with a nice ranch dressing or enjoy them on their own as a nice change from french fries!