Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 Lb Chicken Breast
1 Red Onion (sliced)
3 Bell Peppers (seeds removed and sliced)
1 Tbsp Olive Oi
2 Tbsp Cilantro
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 cup Water
2 cups Cooked Black (Forbidden) Rice
1 Large Tomato - Diced
2 Cups Shredded Green Leafy Lettuce
Greek Yogurt (Optional)
1. Add chicken breast, red onion, bell peppers, olive oil, cilantro, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper and water to crock pot
2. Cut lime in half, squeeze juice into crock pot (be careful of the seeds) and also place lime into crock pot.
3. Set on low cook for 4-5 hours. (If chicken is frozen cook on low for 5-6 hours or until reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit.)
4. In a medium pot add 1 cup of black rice and 2 cups of water.
5. Bring water to boil and then set on low to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Set aside.
6. When crock pot chicken is cooked thoroughly remove chicken and lime.
7. Shred chicken with 2 forks then place back in crock pot for 10-15 minutes. (Throw away lime)
8. Serve chicken, bell peppers and onions over ½ cup of rice topped with tomato and lettuce.
*Can use Greek yogurt as sour cream alternative