Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
3 teaspoon dry yeast
2 cups of lukewarm milk
¼ cup boiling water
6 teaspoon sugar
3 cups of all-purpose flour salt
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups of unsalted butter
2 tablespoon water
• Take a medium bowl, combine warm water and dry yeast in it. Add 3 teaspoon of sugar and mix the ingredients well. Keep it aside until sugar dissolves in water and the mixture becomes creamy.
• Take a large bowl and combine flour, 3 teaspoons of sugar and salt with lukewarm milk. Stir to mix the ingredients and ensure there are no lumps formed. Add yeast mixture and oil in the flour and knead until it is smooth. Cover dough with a cotton cloth and refrigerate for some time till it rises.
• Take the dough out and place it on a flat surface. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin and add butter over it, leaving the edges of dough. Fold the edges a layer over middle third and buttered top over that. Sprinkle lightly with flour.
• Fold left and right and roll out to a rectangle shape. When done, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate for some time. Take out the chilled dough, unwrap and sprinkle flour again. Repeat the folding method again, wrap in plastic bag and refrigerate again for some time.
• Now place the dough on a flat surface and cut it in half with a sharp knife. Refrigerate the half piece while you shape the other half. Roll out to a rectangle and cut into three equal squares. Cut each square in half to make a triangle.
• Roll the triangle carefully and stretch it out a little. Grab the edges and gently stretch them out as you continue to roll it up. Shape up other croissants similarly and place them on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven at 475-degree Fahrenheit.
• Take a small bowl, combine eggs with 2 tablespoons of water. Beat the mixture till it turns yellow in color. Glaze croissants with egg mixture. Place the baking sheet in oven and bake croissants until they rise and are fluffy.