Why I Love This Recipe
Dal makhani is traditionally cooked on a low flame overnight and allowed to thicken.
It’s cooked with butter and cream which gives the dal a smooth and creamy texture.
Smoking technique can also be used for added classic rusty flavour.
Ingredients You'll Need
Urad Dal (1 cup)
Rajma (1 table spoon)
Chana Dal (1 table spoon)
Salt to taste
Clarified butter/Ghee (2-3 table spoon)
Ginger Garlic paste (2-3 tea spoon)
Tomato pureed (2-3 numbers)
1. Soak 1 cup sabut urad dal, 1 tbsp rajma and 1 tbsp chana dal in water overnight
2. Add ginger and salt and pressure cook the soaked dal
3. In a heated pan add clarified butter i.e. ghee, ginger paste, garlic paste, tomato puree and cook till ghee separates
4. Add kasuri methi, red mirch powder, garam masala and the boiled dal
5. Add fresh cream and mix well
6. Use charcoal smoking technique for smokey flavour