Dark Molasses Crinkles- Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a recipe I developed, using a good amount of molasses. They are wonderful with fresh lemonade.
This chewy, packed with flavor cookie has some serious molasses flavor. Dark molasses intensifies the taste- they disappear quickly.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
extra sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 365ºF
1. Mix molasses, brown sugar, sugar, butter and oil until creamy.
2. Add egg and beat until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients (baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg) and mix just until combined
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Using approximately one tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie, roll into balls. Roll and coat balls with sugar.
6. Place 3 inches apart on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. (9 for chewy, 11 for a bit firmer cookie)