Decadent Oreo Truffles
Why I Love This Recipe
Makes approx. 50 one-inch truffles or 100 half-inch mini-truffles
Ingredients You'll Need
18 oz. package of OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
8 oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
16 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate or Chocolate Chips, melted
1. Crush the cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor or zip top bag.
2. Add softened cream cheese; mix until well blended. As my playgroup friend says, “until you have mud.”
3. Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter for full size truffles or 1/2 inch diameter for mini-truffles. I used a cookie disher for uniform sized balls.
4. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
5. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
6. Roll the balls in chocolate to coat completely; use two toothpicks or forks to remove the balls from the chocolate, allowing the extra chocolate to drip off.
7. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
8. Refrigerate another 30 minutes until the chocolate forms a hard shell.
Store leftover truffles (if any) in an airtight container in the refrigerator.