Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
"This one is for all the chocolate lovers!"Serves 16-18 | Prep Time 8 minutes | Cook Time 8-10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
These cookies are so gooey, so chocolaty, and so delicious!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 large eggs
5 2-oz. bittersweet chocolate bars
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla paste or extract
Your 2 large eggs need to be at room temperature for this recipe. If they aren’t, put them in a small bowl and cover them with hot tap water. This’ll bring them up to speed quickly.
2. Coarsely chop four 2-oz. chocolate bars. Set aside. Chop remaining 2-oz. chocolate bar into 20-ish pieces
3. Cut 2 sticks unsalted butter into large pieces. Cook in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until it foams, then browns, 7–9 minutes. Immediately scrape into a large bowl and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. While butter cools, whisk 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour and 1 tsp. baking soda in a medium bowl to combine. Press ⅓ cup cocoa powder through a fine-mesh sieve into bowl
5. Add ¾ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, and 1½ tsp. kosher salt to browned butter. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir vigorously to combine. Add 1 large egg and whisk vigorously until incorporated, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining 1 large egg, then whisk in 1 Tbsp. vanilla paste.
6. Switch back to your spatula or spoon to stir in dry ingredients just to combine. Mix in the 4 chopped chocolate bars you set aside. Let dough sit at room temperature at least 1 hour to let flour and cocoa hydrate.
7. Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape dough into ping-pong sized balls (about 3 Tbsp.). Arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 3" apart. Lightly press a chunk or two of remaining chocolate on top of each dough ball.
8. Bake cookies, rotating pans top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until edges are just set but centers are still soft, 8–10 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully tap pan on stovetop to deflate and flatten cookies. Let cool on baking sheets 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
9. Transfer cookies to a platter. Serve and enjoy!
Pairs Well With
This desert would go great with a glass of cold milk!