Dusen Confecto Cookies- By Sue Hoerchner
"This is an old fashioned family favorite recipe"Serves 6 dozen | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 350 degrees 8-10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a family recipe from Sue's mother in law.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 1/3 cups sifted flour
1 cup sugar (divided)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks butter)
3/4 cup finely chopped unblanched almonds
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup currant or raspberry jam
1. Sift together flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut butter in with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Blend in almonds and vanilla. Work mixture into forming a large ball of dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll doll to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with 1 1/2 inch cookie cutters.
5. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes.
6. Cookies should not get brown. While cookies are still warm, turn over cookie and spread with jam about 1/4 inch from edge of cookie. 6. Place another cookie on top in a sandwich fashion. Repeat with remaining cookies and jam.
7. While still warm, coat filled cookies with remaining 1/2 cup sugar by gently placing each cookie in a bowl turning to coat both sides.