Espresso Trifle, Stylishly Served in a Martini Glass
Why I Love This Recipe
By Jeanne Benedict, Celebrations Expert. http://celebrations.com/content/Espresso-Trifle-Martini
This easy dessert will conclude any dinner on a sweet note.
This recipe came from a full menu of an Italian dinner party on a budget- such a marvelous idea http://celebrations.com/article/Dinner-Parties-on-a-Budget
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 shot espresso (purchased from a coffee store like Starbucks)
* 3/4 Cup water
* 1 Cup sugar
* 1 store-bought pound cake, cut into cubes
* 6 individual portion cups of prepared vanilla pudding (Jello brand)
* Add espresso, water and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
* Alternate layers of pound cake cubes and pudding into 6 individual Martini glasses. Pour cooled espresso syrup over the top of each one and serve.