"A different kind of parcel for Amazon"Serves 4 | Prep Time 25 minutes | Cook Time 25 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
A tastier kind of parcel!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 Large Basil Leaves
1 tsp Pine Nuts
225g Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 Sundried Tomatoes, Finely Chopped
125g Mozzarella, Chopped
4 Rectangular Sheets (about 170g) filo pastry
20g Butter, Melted
1. Heat oven to 200°C and put a baking tray in to heat.
2. Grind together the oil, basil and pine nuts in a pestle and mortar to make a rough pesto. (If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, chop the basil and nuts very finely and mix with the oil). Season.
3. Put the chicken, tomatoes and mozzarella in a bowl and stir in the pesto. Season well.
4. Pile up the filo pastry on a board, then cut in half to make two squares (each with four pastry layers). Set one pile aside and with the other pile, twist each sheet around slightly to make a star outline.
5. Spoon half the mixture on to one of the piles of pastry. Brush a little melted butter around the base, then gather up the outsides and scrunch them together. Brush half the remaining butter over the top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another filo parcel.
6. Transfer the parcels to the preheated baking tray and bake in the oven for about 25 mins until golden.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Intermediate