Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 kg (2 1/4 lb) chopped, washed & dried fish
• 3 tsp powdered turmeric
• 2 tsp crushed to paste ginger
• 2 tbsp curd (plain yogurt)
• 3 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp garlic paste
• 2 cups mustard oil
• Fish Fry is the easiest starter recipe, which can be prepared without a putting in much efforts. Begin with washing the fish pieces thoroughly under running water. Pat dry and keep aside in a strainer till the water drains out.
• Take a tray and marinate with yogurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, turmeric and salt. If you want to make it spicier and more flavorsome, add finely chopped green chilies along with some finely chopped coriander leaves. Although, this will slightly change the traditional fish fry but at the same it will enhance the taste. Add all the ingredients (except oil) to the fish and mix well. Keep aside for half an hour.
• Now heat oil in a deep fry pan to shallow fry the fish pieces one by one, keeping the flame low. Drain the fried fish pieces and place on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
• Serve the Fish Fry hot with green chutney and onion rings. You can also serve it with mustard sauce or any dip!