Fudge Brownie Bites With Cherry Mousse
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (19.5-ounce) box traditional fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1/3 cup boiling water
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries (about 25)
3 teaspoons maraschino cherry juic
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate morsels. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 18 minutes; cool completely.
3. Cut brownies using a 1-1/2 inch round cutter. Place on a serving tray; set aside.
4. In a small bowl, soften getatin in 1/4 cup cold water, let stand 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup boiling water, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
5. In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently stir in gelatin mixture, cherries, and juice. Cover and chill 2 hours.
6. To serve, pipe or spoon cherry mousse onto prepared brownies