Why I Love This Recipe
Fudgy on the inside, crackly on the outside.
Recipe credit: cafedelites
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon cooking oil (vegetable, coconut, canola)
1 1/8 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coca powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional add-ins: chocolate chips or chunks, Oreos, M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray or line with parchment pape; set aside.
3. Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl and whisk for one minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in color.
4. Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do not over mix). Fold in mix ins (optional).
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes (no longer jiggles, toothpick will come out dirty due to fudgy consistency).
6. Remove and allow brownies to cool in pan. Slice and enjoy!
Pairs Well With
Vanilla ice cream or cold milk (or both!)