Why I Love This Recipe
Ful mudammas is a breakfast dish eaten in Egypt. Ful mudammas (fava bean dip) is usually eaten with pita bread, hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, and a cup of hot tea with boiled milk. In Muslim countries, Ful mudammas is often eaten during Ramadan before sunrise so people can fast more easily during the daylight hours.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cans of fava beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of olive oil, pus more to garnish
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, 6 egg wedges
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1. Place beans in a 2 qt. saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch.
2. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook until the beans are tender approximately 8 minutes.
3. Drain beans and transfer into a bowl.
4. Add lemon juice, oil, cumin, cayenne, garlic, and salt, and pepper to the beans and stir until beans are lightly broken up.
5. Transfer to a serving platter and surround with egg wedges. Drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads