Gerhard Jenne's Bittersweet Brownies with Cranberries
Why I Love This Recipe
Brownies und Cranberries sind ein Paar
Ingredients You'll Need
275 grams Zucker
175 grams) Butter
175 grams Dunkel Schokolade (54 – 60% cocoa solids), klein gehackt
175 grams Mehl
3 EL cocoa powder
1/4 TL Salz
175 grams frische cranberries
1. Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, then whisk in the sugar until frothy. Set aside.
3. Put the butter in a pan and melt over medium heat until it has completely melted and small bubbles are just beginning to rise to the surface. Turn off the heat, add the chocolate, and stir until melted.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar again until pale and frothy, then whisk in the chocolate mixture until well combined. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and stir gently with a spatula until there are no white streaks remaining. Add the salt. Fold in the cranberries. (If you're using frozen, this will cause the batter to seize up slightly, so work quickly.)
5. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and even the top. Bake for about 25 minutes, then take the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.