Giada's Chocolate-Hazelnut Smooches
Why I Love This Recipe
I got this off of Food Network. It is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated.
Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
5. Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls.
Roll the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to adhere.
Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.
6. Bake for 8 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven.
7. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes.
Cool the cookies on a wire rack.