Girl Scout Thin Mints
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
Chocolate Cookie Wafers
1 package Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
3 tbsp. shortening, melted
1/2 cup cake flour, measured then sifted
3 tbsp. water
Non-stick cooking spray
3 12-ounce bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 teas. peppermint extract
6 tbsp. shortening
1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter. Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.
4. Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave - safe glass or ceramic bowl. Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute. Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to zap in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
5. Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper - lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads