Glazed Pear Muffins
Why I Love This Recipe
I got this recipe from my WW meeting. I changed it a little to go more with our tastes.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 spray(s) cooking spray
2 large pear(s), ripe, Bosc, with skin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup(s) sugar, granulated
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup(s) sour cream
1 large egg(s), beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
2 cup(s) all-purpose flour, unbleached
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp water, warm, or more if necessar
* Preheat oven to 375ºF and coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin liners.
* Core and chop pears into tiny cubes; place in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, granulated sugar and lemon juice to pears; set aside.
* In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and milk; set aside.
* In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
* Make a well with a spoon in center of flour mixture and pour in sour cream mixture and fruit mixture, alternating in small batches; mix until barely blended. Do not over beat. (NOTE: Batter will be very thick.)
* Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into muffin holes until about 2/3 to 3/4 full; bake until top is golden, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin; remove from tins to racks and cool completely. (Or leave slightly warm to dip into glaze for easier preparation.)
* While muffins are cooling, make glaze: Mix powdered sugar, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and warm water together in a small bowl (add another teaspoon of water if glaze is too thick) . Spread a thin layer of glaze over each muffin. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads