Gluten-Free Coconut Flour Brownies
Why I Love This Recipe
Few things in life are better than a rich chocolaty brownie. But having all that yumminess and staying gluten-free can be a challenge. Some recipes for organic coconut flour brownies taste more like a coconut shell than the moist chewy treat you crave. That may be because organic coconut flour can’t be equally substituted for grain flour. Organic coconut flour is the dried, ground meat of the coconut. It is very dry and absorbent. Recipes using it require more liquid in order for the finished product to be moist and delicious. The addition of 6 eggs and a bit of applesauce ensure our brownies won’t become hockey pucks! Because organic coconut flour is high in protein and fiber, you can enjoy these brownies knowing they’re more than empty calories.
Ingredients You'll Need
Yield: 16 brownies
1/3 cup Coco Treasure’s Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 tablespoon applesauce
½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan.
3. Melt the organic extra virgin coconut oil and combine it with the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Allow the mixture to cool slightly..
4. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and vanilla. Stir in the oil/cocoa mixture.
5. Whisk in the organic coconut flour. Continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes or until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean. Cut into four even rows, vertically and horizontally for 16 brownies.
Serving Tip: For a twist on the usual, serve warm brownies with coconut sorbet, a drizzle of warm caramel sauce and a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt. Yummy!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads