Gluten and Dairy Free Cornbread
"Enjoy this delicious light and fluffy cornbread, gluten free, dairy free and no refined sugar this is a great way to get that great southern homestyle cornbread without all the unnecessary fillers."Serves 12 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 18 - 20 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
I recently discovered that I had a gluten sensitivity issue and that cornbread was not gluten-free. Having grown up on cornbread, I had to find a way to get my fix now and then, turns out that gluten and dairy free cornbread isn't very popular (probably because it is not technically "Paleo"). So I set out to create a gluten-free and dairy-free option that also did not have any refined sugar, tall order huh? Well, this is the creation of that goal, turns out it is doable and having tried it on a few friends who couldn't tell that it was gluten and dairy free without any brown sugar to be seen, enjoy!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 and 1/2 cups of Organic Corn Meal
1 cup of your choice of gluten free flour (I use a mix of half coconut and half almond flours)
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup of organic honey (or 1/2 cup coconut sugar)
1 tbsp Kosher salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon juice
1 and 1/4 cup coconut milk (or your milk substitute)
1. Combine milk, baking soda, and lemon juice together in a large bowl and mix together.
2. In a seperate bowl combine corn meal, flour, potato startch, salt and mix thourghly.
3. In a mixer or by hand with egg white to a soft peak.
4.Combine the bowl of flours and the milk together and mix in honey, the coconut oil and the egg yolk throughly.
5. Fold in whipped egg whites gently(over mixing will loose the "fluffiness" of the finished product).
6. Grease up the muffin tins or use baking cups and back at 400 deg for 18 - 20 minutes or until goldent brown around the edges. Turn the pan 180 deg after 10 minutes.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads