Grapefruit Drizzle Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
225g softened unsalted butter
225g golden caster sugar
Zest of 2 red grapefruit
225g self-raising flour
Juice of 1 red grapefruit
85g caster sugar
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Beat together the butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
4. Sift in the flour, then add grapefruit zest and mix until well combined
5. Line a loaf tin then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon
6. Bake for 45-50 mins until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7. While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix together the lemon juice and caster sugar to make the drizzle
8. Prick the warm cake all over with a skewer or fork, and then pour over the drizzle – the juice will sink in and the sugar will form a lovely, crisp topping
9. Leave in the tin until completely cool, and then remove