"Who doesn't love a nice grilled cheese sandwhich?! After all it is the most perfect comfort food...."Serves 2 mins | Prep Time 5 mins | Cook Time 15 mins
Why I Love This Recipe
Who doesn't love a good grilled cheese?! It's the perfect comfort food and makes an amazing lunch with all of it's gooey, stringy cheesy goodness. Do you know what makes it even better?? My Homemade scullion, and tomato adaption- Talk about heaven on Earth!
Ingredients You'll Need
4 slices of bread
4/4 cup of shredded cheese
2/4 cups of chopped scullion
2/4 cups of diced tomato
3 tbsp of softened and divided butter
An additional tbsp of softened butter, and honey(optional)
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat. (optional) mix one table tbsp of softened butter, and honey together until well combined, and set aside.
2. Butter two slices of bread using another tbsp of butter, on the other side spread a small amount of the honey-butter mixture
3. place one slice of bread( honey side up) on the preheated skillet
4. Place 1/4 cup of cheese on the bread, followed by 1/4 cup of Tomatoes, and 1/4 cup of scullion( season to taste with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper)
5. Add another 1/4 cup of cheese followed by another slice of bread( butter side up)
6.Allow the sandwich to cook until golden brown on one side, then flip and continue to cook until another side is golden brown, and cheese is fully melted.
7. Repeat step with the other sandwich
8. Serve and enjoy :)
Pairs Well With
Try serving this with a nice ice cold bevrage ( I would suggest my homemade iced tea)