Grilled Chicken Breast with Fresh Jalapeno-Cilantro Tomato Relish.
Why I Love This Recipe
Summer means grilling.
Grilling means chicken breast.
Chicken breast means… jalapeno-cilantro tomato relish.
Uh, I just fell in love a little.
If you make this recipe, you will have warm-fuzzy feel-good vibes.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 jalapeno, minced (seeds removed if you like it mild)
1 tomato, diced small
¼ onion, diced small
½ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 bunch of spring onions (4-5 individual bulbs with stalks), sliced diagonally
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
Instructions – Grilled Chicken
1. Preheat grill.
2. Wash chicken.
3. Make cutlets by cutting through each breast horizontally. You will end up with a total of 6 cutlets.
4. Dredge chicken in olive oil. Salt and pepper.
5. Grill chicken for 10 minutes on first side and 5 minutes on flip side. Keep an eye on since cutlets are thinner than usual and will cook fast and evenly.
6. Remove from heat and wrap in tin foil. Put foil package in a warmer oven on low heat. This will also ensure that chicken is cooked thoroughly by the time you are ready to serve with the relish.
Instructions – Relish
1. In a bowl, combine jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, and onion in a bowl.
2. Heat skillet on stove on medium-high heat.
3. Add butter. Move to low heat.
4. Add spring onions to skillet along with sugar.
5. Stir and let sit until onions begin to caramelize.
6. Remove from heat and mix with jalapeno-cilantro mixture.
7. Remove chicken from foil and top with relish. Serve.