Grilled Chicken Salad with Chipotle Dressing and Cinnamon Pineapple Wedges
Why I Love This Recipe
I am always looking for easy grilled chicken recipes. When I was at the grocery store, they had a pineapple cut in 1/2 that looked so succulent, for only $1. I had to get it. I put a little of this and a little of that together, and it came out fantastic. Let me know how you like it!
Ingredients You'll Need
For the Marinade mix together:
• 2 tbs. soy sauce
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 2 tbs. ketchup
• ¼ rice vinegar
• 1 tbs. olive oil
• 1 tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
• 1 tsp. black pepper
8 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
For the Salad:
• 4 cups of washed and sliced lettuces. I prefer heartier varieties such as romaine , iceberg and red leaf lettuces.
• 2 cucumbers, peeled with seeds removed and cut in small pieces
• a mixture of tomatoes sliced. I like cherry, grape and Campari
• ½ cup diced red onion
• ¼ cup cilantro leaves (optional)
• ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
Chipotle Lime Dressing
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 2 tbs. blue agave syrup or honey
• 2 tbs. water
• 1 tsp. dried cilantro
SERVE WITH SIDE OF GRILLED PINEAPPLE AND CINNAMON
Slice Pineapple in 1" wedges
Sprinkle with Cinnamon sugar
Grill for 2 minutes per side
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• ½ tsp. dried chipotle powder
• ¾ cup Canola oil
• 1 tbs Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise (optional for a creamier dressing)
• Shake all ingredients together in container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Marinate chicken cutlets for 1 hour
Prepare your grill for indirect cooking (I like to use Kingsford Mesquite coals on my regular grill) or turn your gas grill on.
Discard Marinade and pat chicken dry on paper towel.
Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper to taste
Grill chicken for 4 minutes per side. Set aside to rest
Chop, slightly cooled chicken in ¼” chunks. Place on top of salad.
Dress Salad with Chipotle-Lime Dressing, seasoning with Salt and pepper to taste
Grill Pineapple for 2 minutes per side
Toss hot pineapple with 1 tbs of butter and a sprinkle of rum