Grilled Packet Potatoes and Onions with Herbs
Why I Love This Recipe
Another delicious potato side grilled right next to your main course. Easy clean up. Serve just as you would a baked potato.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted or bacon drippings
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, parsley, oregano, rosemary, sage, tarragon, and thyme
1. Combine potatoes, onions and herbs in a large bowl.
2. Combine oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle over potato mixture.
4. Toss to coat well.
5. Arrange potato mixture on 1/2 of a piece of foil large enough to accommodate all the ingredients when made into a packet for grilling.
6. Grill over medium hot coals for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning and shaking occasionally.