Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken
Why I Love This Recipe
This is great on the grill or out of the oven. No pans to wash and an easy meal for those days when it is too hot to cook inside.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 cup drained pineapple chunks
1 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
hot cooked rice (optional)
heavy duty aluminum foil
salt and pepper
Tear off enough foil to hold all the ingredients, or enough to make 2 separate packages.
2. Prepare foil with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place chicken breasts in the center of half the foil.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place bell peppers and onions on top of the the chicken.
6. Top with pineapple chunks.
7. Combine marmalade, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce in a small bowl.
8. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
9. Pour over vegetables.
10. Double fold sides and ends of foil packets, leaving head space for heat circulation.
11. Grill over medium high coals for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
12. Or bake in a 450 degree oven for 16 to 18 minutes.
13. Serve with hot cooked rice if desired.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads