Hand Pie (Christmas lab)
Why I Love This Recipe
good for kids to be creative with baking
Ingredients You'll Need
1 box pie crust
1 tablespoon pie filling (per pie)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 egg white, beaten
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit; line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Roll out pie crust until smooth and even; cut circles out of the dough (as many as you can- you may need to re-roll scraps)
3. Using 1 tablespoon, drop each pie filling into the center of each circle; brush the edge of the circle with drops of water then fold in half and pinch edges completely; poke hand pie with a fork once to prevent bursting.
4. Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy, brush over tops of the pie.
5. Bake on parchment paper-lined baking for 15 minutes.
6. While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
7. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and drop (while warm) into the glaze, coating completely (best if you use two forks to toss).
8. Return to parchment paper and allow to set (about 5 minutes)
Pairs Well With