Hand Pies (Thanksgiving Lab)
"Easy, yummy dessert!"Serves 8-10 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Hand pies are easy to make and are super delicious. A very fun activity for little kids to try with an adult!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 box pie crust
1 Tbsp. pie filling (per pie)
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
2 and 1/2 powdered sugar
1.4 cup milk
1 egg white, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out pie crust until smooth and even; cut circles out of dough (as many as you can- you may need to re-roll scraps).
3. Using a 1 Tbsp., drop each pie filling into the center of each circle; brush the edges of the circle with drops of water then fold in half + pinch edges completely; poke hand pie with a fork once to prevent bursting.
4. Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy, brush over top of pies
5. Bake on parchment paper lined baking sheet for 15 minutes.
6. While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar + milk until smooth.
7. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet + drop (while warm) into glaze, coating completely.
8. Return to parchment paper and allow to set (about 5 minutes)
Pairs Well With
These are great by themselves.