Hearty Banana Nut Muffins with Coconut Oil
Use our BakeBot Ai Chat for instant answers.
Why I Love This Recipe
Banana nut muffins with unrefined organic extra virgin coconut oil are a healthier and more portable of everyone’s favorite– traditional banana nut bread. The flavors of banana nut bread are a perfect balance of sweet and spice, soft and crunchy. This recipe for banana muffins with organic extra virgin coconut oil supplies all the warm comforting food-love you want with a dose of healthy fat to make it even better. Enjoy these treats for breakfast, pack them in lunch boxes or serve them for after-school snacks to keep your gang fueled until dinner time.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 ½ cups white flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar or light brown sugar
¾ cup Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup walnuts, chopped
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon butter (approx.) for muffin tins
1. Lightly wipe one 12-capacity or two 6-capacity muffin tins with butter. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine flours, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the sugar, eggs, melted organic extra virgin coconut oil and vanilla until ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth and evenly blended. Fold in nuts and mashed bananas.
5. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling each cavity about half way. Tap filled tins on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a cooking rack.