Homemade Apple Fritters
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
6 eggs, separated
1 pint milk
1 pound flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 ounces sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
24 ounces apples, peeled, cored, medium dice
powdered sugar, as needed
1. 1. Combine the egg yolks and milk.
2. 2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the milk-and-egg mixture; mix until smooth.
3. 3. Allow the batter to rest 1 hour.
4. 4. Stir the apples into the batter.
5. 5. Just before the fritters are to be cooked, whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
6. 6. Scoop the fritters into 350ºF (180ºC) deep fat, using the swimming method. Cook until done.
7. 7. Dust with powdered sugar and serve hot.