Honey Bacon Baklava
Why I Love This Recipe
Baklava is a Mediterranean dessert made with Phyllo dough, nuts, butter, and sugar. After baking to perfection, a sweet syrup is immediately poured over the pieces allowing the syrup to be absorbed into the layers.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (16 ounce) package walnuts (4 cups)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo, thawed
1 cup butter, melted
1 (12 ounce) jar honey
1 (16 ounce ) package of bacon, fried crisp
1. In large bowl of food processor, add walnuts, bacon, sugar, and cinnamon. Pulse until walnuts and bacon are chopped; set aside. (Be sure to fry the bacon to a crispy stage. Then it will chop up finely and evenly.)
2. Cut phyllo into 13" by 9" rectangles. In greased 13" by 9" baking dish, place 1 phyllo sheet; brush with melted butter. Repeat with phyllo and butter to make 5 more layers, overlapping any small strips of phyllo to make rectangles, if necessary.
3. Over phyllo in baking dish, sprinkle 1 cup walnut mixture.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more layers (4 layers total). Place remaining phyllo on top of last walnut layer; brush with butter.
5. With sharp knife, cut just halfway through layers in triangle or diamond pattern.
6. Bake in 300 degree oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
7. In small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat honey until hot but not boiling. Evenly spoon hot honey over hot baklava.
8. Cool Baklava in dish on wire rack at least 1 hour; cover with foil and let stand at room temperature until serving.
9. To serve, finish cutting, with a sharp knife, through layers to make triangles or diamonds.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads