"Sweet and savory bbq delight"Serves 2-3 | Prep Time 30-45 (marinade) | Cook Time 15
Why I Love This Recipe
Submitted by: "Natasha Barlow"
Ingredients You'll Need
- 14.5 ounces canned pineapple with the juice
- ⅔ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ cup ketchup organic or homemade
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 inches ginger grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic grated
- ½ tablespoon Sriracha or to taste, optional
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into 1.5" cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Choice of vegetables for extra skewers if wanted
In a mixing bowl, add the pineapple juice together with the soy sauce, ketchup, honey, ginger, garlic, sriracha, sesame oil, mustard and balsamic. Mix well to combine.
Place the cubed chicken into a large ziploc bag and pour over half of the huli huli marinade.
Mix well through the bag to get all pieces well coated. Marinate for 30 minutes. Reserve the remaining half of the marinade to use as dipping sauce, but make sure it doesn't touch the raw meat.
Thread the chicken pieces on aluminum or bamboo skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for a few minutes before using. Can also add additional vegetable skewers if desired (peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc.)
Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium heat.
Add the chicken skewers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until charred fully cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the pineapple slices to the heated grill and cook until nicely charred on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve the huli huli chicken and grilled pineapple over cooked rice, if desired. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!