Why I Love This Recipe
I always loved the name of this cake.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oil
1 8oz can crushed pineapple (drained)
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped black walnuts
1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 pound butter (softened)
1 pound confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt - set aside
3. In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, pineapple, bananas and nuts
4. Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly
5. Pour batter into pans and bake ata 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on racks.
7. Prepare frosting: mix together cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
8. After cake is cool, spread frosting on the top of one cake
9. Place other cake on top and spreadi frosting on top and sides.