Hungarian Pork Chops
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
4 pork loin chops
Flour, enough to coat chops
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
½ cup (8 tablespoons) butter
4 medium potatoes, sliced
1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 can chicken broth, divided
1½ cups sour cream
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat chops with flour.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chops and garlic and brown chops on both sides.
Remove chops from skillet and season them with salt and pepper; set aside.
4. Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and sauté several minutes.
5. Pour half of the can of broth into the skillet; deglaze, picking up the brown pieces.
6. Combine sour cream, dry mustard, paprika, and the remaining broth; mix well. Add the deglazing
liquid from the skillet and stir well.
7. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with vegetable spray; spread the bottoms across the bottom of the dish.
Place chops on top of potatoes, onion rings over chops, and mushrooms over onion rings. Pour sour
cream mixture over top of entire dish, cover pan with foil, and bake for 1 hour.