Inbal Jerusalem Hotel Snowball
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe was created in response to a January 2015 snowstorm and is currently being enjoyed by guests of the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel. It is kosher and dairy. The Inbal Jerusalem hotel is an award-winning, five-star deluxe hotel situated in the heart of Jerusalem overlooking the Old City walls, and minutes away from all the major cultural and historical sites. With its Jerusalem stone exterior, the 283-room hotel is known for its intimate authentic Jerusalem character and impeccable world-class service. For more information, visit www.inbalhotel.com
Ingredients You'll Need
1 vanilla bean
100 grams of sugar
3 egg yolks
8 ounces gelatin
25 ounces of cold water
200g mascarpone cheese
200 g cream cheese (30% fat)
100g cream cheese (9% fat)
White chocolate coating - 8 ounces gelatin
40 ounces of cold water
150 grams of sugar
130 grams of condensed milk
380 grams of cream
5 g of white food coloring
20g corn flour
100g white chocolate
1. Combine gelatin with cold water
2. Combine cream, sugar and vanilla bean in a pot over medium heat– using a nice to split and remove the seeds. When combined, remove from heat.
3. Temper the egg yolks with some of the hot cream mixture, and then gradually combine the eggs and cream – stirring constantly so that the eggs do not scramble.
4. Add gelatin to the newly combined cream and egg yolks and mix well.
5. Using a mixer, whisk together all Mixer whisk together both cream cheeses and mascarpone until smooth. Combine with cream, eggs and gelatin, stirring slowly until the mix is a homogenous mixture.
6. Pour the mixture hemispherical silicone molds and freeze.
7. White Chocolate Coating - Combine gelatin with cold water
8. Heat sweet condensed milk, cream, sugar and food coloring over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to boil, add cornstarch and let the mix return to a boil, stirring constantly.
9. Add gelatin and white chocolate, and stir until smooth.
10. Remove from heat, and allow mixture to cool until it is 40 degrees C
11. Place frozen hemispheres on a sheet tray, stacking two to form a full circle.
12. Carefully pour icing over frozen “Snowballs” and freeze until hardened.