JOHN'S WAKE UPS
Why I Love This Recipe
I love to make chocolate chip cookies. Well, one day, last November, I decided to add coffee and almonds to my usual basic recipe. They're so
delicious that nobody can stop eating them! Not even me. And no matter how dry and hard they get, they're still eatable. They do tend to keep me awake, a little longer than I would be, other wise. They go great with coffee, tea or even cocoa. Give them a try, some time! I gurantee that everyone who eats them, will want the recipe, if not more of the cookies.
Ingredients You'll Need
Yields: 48 servings
"These cookies are a step above any you have ever tasted."
3/4 cup blanched slivered
1/3 cup instant coffee granules or coffee
2 tablespoons hot water
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Toast almonds in oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
3. Dissolve coffee in 2 tablespoons hot water. In a separate small mixing bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixture at a medium speed until fluffy. Pour coffee, vanilla and eggs into the butter mixture; mix well. Reduce mixer's speed to low and slowly pour flour mixture into the butter mixture.
5. Fold chocolate chips and almonds into the dough. Drop dough by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.