Jell-O Flavored Sugar Cookies
"A desserts that two for one"Serves 4 dozen | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 8-10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
A way to have fun colors in desserts
Ingredients You'll Need
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 (3 oz) packages of Jell-O (Any flavor)
extra sugar for rolling
Wilton Color Gels for richer color (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy (couple minutes). Add the egg and vanilla and mix
3) Gradually add the flour mix to butter/sugar. You may need to use your hands to fully incorporate. Divide dough into 4 sections and place each section in a separate bowl
4) Add 2 tablespoons of the Jell-o powder onto each section. Knead into the dough section. To deepen the color, add a few drops of food coloring or color gels
5) Shape dough into balls, roll in sugar (or leftover Jell-O), place on baking sheet, and lightly flatten with bottom of cup.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let sit on cooling rack for a couple minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads