Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 to 1-1/4-pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2/3 cup dried orzo
• 1/2 cup drained, pitted kalamata olives
• 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
• 1/2 of a lemon, cut into wedges or chunks
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon dried Greek seasoning
• Hot chicken broth (optional)
• Fresh snipped oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degree F. In a 4-quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Stir in orzo, olives, the can of broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Cover; bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. (170 degree F).
Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth, if desired. Top with snipped oregano. Makes 4 servings.