Kale Pesto Pasta Recipe
Why I Love This Recipe
Your whole family is sure to love this recipe! Kale is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and potassium. Studies show it helps with diabetes, cancer, and heart disease prevention and promotes bone, eye, hair, skin, and digestive health.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 bunch of kale (Tuscan or Dinosaur Kale work great)
2 cups of water
1 tsp Kosher salt
¼ cup of parsley
1 garlic clove
¼ raw pine nuts or pistachios
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
12 oz brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
1. Rinse and wash kale and remove rib and stems.
2. Blanch the kale by putting the water and salt in a large pot and bringing it to a boil. Then add the kale and cook for 2 minutes until bright green and wilted.
3. Strain the kale in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the kale from cooking. Squeeze out the water from the kale with your hands. You’ll end up with a large golf ball size of kale. Set aside in a colander.
4. Cook pasta in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Set pasta in a large serving bowl.
5. Dry roast pine nuts on medium heat until golden brown.
6. Place kale, parsley, garlic, roasted pine nuts, Parmesan, and oil in a blender, food processor, or mezzaluna and blend or chop until very smooth. Add more olive oil depending on the consistency you prefer.
7. Pour pesto on pasta and blend. Top with fresh grated Parmesan and a few grinds of pepper. Bon Appétit!
Pairs Well With
Pasta Or Salads