Kara's Perfection Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 can (12 oz) apple juice
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons vinegar
• 1 cup shredded carrot
• 1 cup sliced celery
• 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
• 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
• 1 can (4 oz) chopped pimiento
1. In small saucepan, combine gelatin, sugar, and salt; mix well.
2. Add 1 cup water. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in apple juice, lemon juice, vinegar, and 1/4 cup cold water. Pour into medium bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg white.
4. Add carrot, celery, cabbage, green pepper, and pimiento; stir until well combined.
5. Turn into decorative, 1 1/2-quart mold. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm.
6. To unmold: Run small spatula around edge of mold; invert onto serving plate. Place hot dishcloth over mold; shake gently to release. Repeat, if necessary. Lift off mold. Refrigerate until ready to serve.