Karedopeta - Greek walnut and honey dessert
Why I Love This Recipe
Karedopeta is a delicious and easy dessert and is a great companion with any Greek meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 Cup butter
1 Cup sugar
8 Eggs, seperated
4 Cups finely chopped walnuts
2 Teaspoons cinnamon
2 Teaspoons baking powder
3 Cups sifted flour
1/4 Cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup water
1 Cup honey
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons dark rum
1. Beat the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
2. Add egg yolks and beat with electric beater until very light.
3. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
4. Combine the 4 cups walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder and flour.
5. Fold into butter-sugar-egg mixture until blended.
6. Turn into two buttered 9 x 9 inch cake pans.
7. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup walnuts on top.
8. Bake in a pre-heated 350ºF oven for 45 minutes.
9. Cool in cake pans on cake racks for 1 hour.
1. Boil together sugar and water until the syrup spins a thread or until a candy thermometer inserted registers 230ºF.
2. Stir in honey, cinnamon and rum.
Cut the baked product into diamond shaped pieces.
Cover with hot syrup and let stand 8 hours to allow the syrup to permeate.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads