Why I Love This Recipe
Kasknopfle is a homemade pasta from Liechtenstein. They are known as Spatzle in Germany. The Liechtensteiner version is enhanced with cheese and caramelized onions. This dish is one of the national dishes of the country is also known as Kasespatzle, meaning "macaroni and cheese".
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp butter
2 onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded, heaping
1/3 cup Emmanthaler cheese, shredded, heaping
1/3 cup Fontina cheese, shredded, heaping
1. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and flour. Eventually a thick, somewhat pasty batter will form.
2. Set it aside for about 30 minutes to rest and let the bumps even out.
3. In a large pan caramelize the two onions.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add plenty of salt to the water.
5. Reduce to a simmer.
6. Add cheeses to the large pan with the onions.
7. Push the batter through the dull side of a flat cheese grater with the back of a ladle into the simmering water.
8. Once the squiggly pasta is cooked (it should only take a couple of minutes - they'll float when ready), add it to the pan of caramelized onion with all the cheeses.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads