Why I Love This Recipe
Refreshing summer lemonade!
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice , about 6-8 lemons
• 4 ½ – 5 cups water , divided
1. Combine sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. Strain the lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart pitcher. Add simple syrup and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
3. When ready to serve, add 2 ½ cups of cold water and stir. Taste, and add more water if it's too sweet. Serve over ice, if desired. Yield: Makes about 7 cups of lemonade.