Kiwi Lime Sorbet
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cups peeled puréed kiwi, with seeds (approx. 6 to 7 kiwi)
4 tablespoons lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon blackberry liqueur
1 cup frozen marionberries (generous cup)
1. For best consistency, all ingredients should be chilled. Combine all ingredients except frozen berries and stir for several minutes until all sugar is dissolved. Transfer kiwi/lime mixture to ice cream freezer and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Layer sorbet with frozen berries into container, cover tightly and freeze at least two hours to harden.
2. ICE TRAY METHOD — If you do not have an ice cream freezer, here's an alternate method:
Reserving frozen marionberries, pour the kiwi-lime mixture into a shallow pan so that the mixture is no more than 2" deep. An 8" cake pan, bread loaf pan or an ice cube tray with slats removed all make suitable containers.
3. Cover with foil and freeze about 1 1/2 to 2 hours — mixture will be almost firm, but still soft and pliable. (If you've waited a little too long, simply allow to thaw on counter a few minutes before cutting.)
4. Remove from freezer, cut into chunks and transfer to mixing bowl. Beat with hand mixer just until slushy and smooth. Gently fold in frozen marionberries.
5. Return to original pan, cover with foil and freeze until firm — at least two hours.
6. Remove sorbet from freezer 15 to 20 minutes before serving time, and place in refrigerator to soften before scooping.