Kung Pao chicken
Why I Love This Recipe
Kung Pao Chicken
Ingredients You'll Need
3 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 lb chicken, boneless/skinless cubed
1/4 cup green onions
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 cup carrots, thinly sliced with a mandolin or veggie peeler
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Kung Pao sauce
1/2 cup peanuts
1. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in wok or non-stick skillet over high heat.
2. Toss chicken in cornstarch to coat and add to oil.
3. Don't begin stirring chicken until the bottom has turned golden brown. Then stir occasionally until all pieces are crispy.
4. Remove chicken from pan onto a plate covered with a paper towel.
5. Add remaining sesame oil to pan and stir fry green onions, garlic, carrots, and red pepper flakes.
6. Whisk 1/3 cup Kung Pao sauce with 1/4 cup water and add to skillet.
7. Stir well and add chicken and peanuts, toss to coat.
8. Serve immediately over steamed rice.