Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 medium lemons, peeled
2 small green bell peppers, each in 3 pieces
3 large leeks, trimmed to last 1-inch of green part, each cut into 3-inch pieces
1 piece ginger
2 onions, quartered
2 tablespoons lard, divided
2¼ pounds lamb cubes
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2½ cups beef broth
Salt and pepper to taste
2½ tablespoons unsalted peanuts
1. Using the slicing disc in a food processor, process the lemons, and remove. Stack the peppers upright
and process; remove. Feed leeks into tube and process; set aside.
2. Insert the metal blade into the food processor. With motor running, drop in ginger and process until
finely chopped. Add onions and pulse 5 times.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the lard in a Dutch oven; add half of the lamb cubes and brown well. Remove
lamb to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of lard to the Dutch oven and brown the remaining
lamb cubes. Remove to the bowl.
4. Melt the butter in the Dutch oven; add peppers, leeks, ginger, and onions, and cook until limp (about 5
minutes). Add lamb and juices from bowl, lemon slices, broth, salt, and pepper; simmer, covered, for 35
minutes. Remove cover and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Drop peanuts through tube of food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Stir peanuts into stew 5
minutes before serving.